Designed for anyone that loves to lay on their horn for an outrageous amount of time, our HornBlasters Conductor’s Special 540 train horn kit gives you all the air you would ever need to honk your horns. And it has one of the fastest recovery rates out of any of our kits. Want to have the ability to honk your train horn for 10-12 seconds straight? This is the kit for you!
Of course, no one wants to blast a wimpy horn for that long. Our Shocker XL train horns are included in this kit will bring you the full power and tone of an actual locomotive all while requiring less air than the authentic train horns. Constructed from an ultra-durable fiberglass-reinforced ABS composite with stainless-steel diaphragms and backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects, our Conductor’s Special 540 gives you some of the loudest, most reliable, and easiest train horns to install.
Backing these beastly horns is our HornAir 540 onboard air system. Our 5-gallon black 8-port air tank gives you enough air to honk for up to 10-12 seconds as well as give you plenty of onboard air in case of emergencies, such as tire inflation. Our HornBlasters Conductor’s Special 540 features one of Viair’s fastest air compressors, the Viair 400C. Ensuring you always have air when you need it, our Conductor’s Special 540 can recover the 5-gallon tank in as little as a minute and a half!
- The loudest horns we manufacture, be heard for miles!
- Stainless steel internals combined with the fiberglass-reinforced ABS construction ensures these horns are extremely durable through all conditions!
- Individually mounted horns for flexible installation
- All-inclusive train horn kit with everything needed for installation
- 150 PSI 5-gallon air system provides 10-12 seconds of honk time
- Capable of filling tires and using small air tools
Please note: The 6 horn upgrade kit does NOT include the extension brackets to connect to our STDK bracket or Shocker XL horn mount.
CUSTOMER VIDEO REVIEW OF THESE HORNS
- Shocker XL train horns
- 1/2" NPT Black Widow stainless steel electric air valve
- 5-gallon 8 port air tank
- Viair 400C air compressor
- 110/150 PSI pressure switch w/ 40 amp relay
- Remote mountable intake filter
- Spare air filter elements
- 10ft of 5/16" D.O.T. approved air line
- 17ft of 1/2" D.O.T. approved air line
- 6 ft of 3/8" air line (for air compressors air intake)
- HornBlasters 200 PSI stainless steel liquid-filled air gauge
22ft of 10-gauge red wire
- 22ft of 18-gauge blue wire
- 22ft of 18-gauge grey wire
- Complete wiring kit with fuse holder & fuses
- Brass NPT fitting kit with safety blowoff & drain cock
- Mounting hardware
- Air line cutter
- Detailed instructions
Part Number: HK-S4-540
- Operating Pressure: 150 PSI
- Restart Pressure: 110 PSI
- Voltage: 12-Volt DC
- Horn: Shocker XL train horn
- Horn Material: High-impact fiberglass reinforced ABS
- Horn Measurements
№ 1 19.50″ (495.30 mm) № 2 16.25″ (412.75 mm) № 3 14.75″ (374.65 mm) № 4 12.75″ (323.85 mm)
- Horn Flare: 5″ (127 mm)
- Air Tank: HornAir 5-gallon 8 port air tank
- Tank Length: 20.5″ (520.7 mm)
- Tank Diameter: 9.5″ (241.3 mm)
- Tank Height: 11.5″ (292.1 mm) (With Legs)
- Tank Weight: 20 lb (9.07 Kg)
- Tank Ports: x7 1/2" NPT, x1 3/4" NPT
- Air Compressor: Viair 400C air compressor
- Average Fill Time: 1 Min 30 Sec
- Air Flow: 2.62 CFM at Free Flow
- Max Amperage: 28 amps
- Maximum Duty Cycle: 33% @ 100 PSI
- Compressor Length: 9.0″ (228.6 mm)
- Compressor Width: 4.0″ (101.6 mm)
- Compressor Height: 6.75″ (171.5 mm)
- Compressor Weight: 8.00 lb (3.63 Kg)
5-Gallon Air Tank Dimensional Drawing
* Supply Voltage: 13.8 Volts
|5.0 GALLON TANK||FILL RATE|
|0 to 105 PSI||2 min. 55 sec. (± 10 sec.)|
|85 to 105 PSI||45 sec. (± 05 sec.)|
|0 to 145 PSI||4 min. 50 sec. (± 10 sec.)|
|110 to 145 PSI||1 min. 40 sec. (± 05 sec.)|
* Supply Voltage: 13.8 Volts
Money-Back Guarantee/Refund Policy
All merchandise unless otherwise indicated may be returned within 30 days from the shipment arrival date for a refund. A Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required for all returns. A 15% restocking fee may apply. Additional deductions may be made to reflect the products current market value. These terms apply to all refunds. Most products are shipped with a refund/replacement guarantee period unless otherwise noted in the product listing. Customers must inform HornBlasters.com of any order discrepancy within 7 days from the invoice date so that we may investigate and resolve the situation accordingly.
Shocker XL train horns are backed by our lifetime Manufacturer's defect warranty. The Viair air compressor is backed with a 1-year Manufacturer's defect warranty. The rest of the components are backed with a 2-year Manufacturer's defect warranty.
HornBlasters.com Satisfaction Guarantee
HornBlasters.com offers our customers a 30-day satisfaction replacement or refund guarantee on all purchases, except when otherwise noted in the product listing.
HornBlasters.com will not cross-ship returned merchandise.
Physical Damage Policy
Physical damage to any product purchased at HornBlasters.com will effectively void warranty coverage. Physical damage includes but is not limited to improper handling and/or any other type of damage sustained by irregular usage.
Warnings & Notices
Hearing Protection Required
This product produces extreme loudness. Proper hearing protection must be worn at all times during its operation. Hearing loss or permanent damage may result from unsafe use. Use this product in a safe and responsible manner and at a distance of at least 100 meters from others. Never operate this product in a closed environment, in close proximity to living beings, or where prohibited by law.
This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Bring the BOOM!!!
Install was a bit more challenging due to the size of the 5 gal tank. Overall it's a lot to blast this horn and people love it when you give a short burst. I had an idiot riding my tail yesterday so I gave him a 7-second blast. The look on his face and reaction was simply priceless and well worth the cost of admission!!! Love, love, love my Conductor's special 540
Super Loud!!! Easy install!
Love the tone of this system! Installed by myself in a few hours. Purchased the spare tire delete bracket for a discrete clean install for the horns. Installed the tank and compressor in the cab for a prolonged life of the system. Well worth the money! You generally get what you pay for but in this case you get more!